History

HECKER® success story

  • 1919

    Founding – the origin of today’s HECKER® Group (www.hecker.de):
    Stand-alone company GEORG HECKER (special-purpose glass) in Dortmund
  • 1936

    Renamed to GEORG HECKER NACHF.
  • 1966

    Start of trading activities and processing PLEXIGLAS® and MAKROLON®
  • 1969

    Relocation to Kieferstraße 33
  • 1973

    Start as an apprenticing company for the profession “plastics fitter”
  • 1981

    Legal independence as HECKER® Kunststofftechnik GmbH & Co. KG
  • 1989

    Acquisition of new machinery and entry to the CNC milling technology sector
  • 1995

    Relocation to the new company building
  • 2000

    Introduction of Plexiglas® rolling technology
  • 2002

    Strategic realignment as an industrial supplier
  • 2006

    Expansion to accommodate logistics, cutting department and warehouse
  • 2008

    Introduction of 5-axis CNC milling technology
  • 2010

    Introduction of the new product planning system to manufacturing
  • 2013

    Purchase of a logistics hall
  • 2016

    50-year company anniversary of HECKER® Kunststofftechnik
    50-year company anniversary